For the rest of this article, and several others, CVGA members should go to “Members Only” on the menu bar above, and choose “Central Virginia Heritage — Current Issue.” (Note: You have to be logged in to this website in order to see “Members Only.”)
For those who are not members, we offer the opportunity to purchase a printed copy of each issue. The Winter 2017 issue is available from https://www.amazon.com/Central-Virginia-Heritage-Winter-2017/dp/1981563415 for $6.50. Click on the Amazon.com link above or search for “Central Virginia Heritage” on Amazon.com.
If you have trouble logging in to the site to download your copy, or if you have trouble with the CreateSpace.com site, please contact me at the webmaster link at the bottom of this page.
Contents of the Winter 2017 issue:
- Searching for Mother Madison…page 1
- Christmas Changes With the Years…page 3
- Why Obituaries Contain Hidden Family Trees…page 5
- “Buddy and the Chickens” Wins National DAR Literary Award!…page 7
- Bill of Complaint of Robert M. Omohundro & Wife vs. James Jones…page 7
- Bill of Complaint of Isabella Brown vs. William Brown…page 13
- George Whitlocke & Wife vs. Margaret Higginbotham…page 15
- Manumission of Judith, Pegg, and Ambrose…page 17
- Will of John Douglass of Orange County, Virginia…page 17
- John Murrey & Wife vs. Martha Matthews by &c….page 19
- Genealogical Research Society of Northeastern Pennsylvania Has Shut Down…page 22
- Aylett Family, King William County (Va.)…page 23
- Registration Opens for the NGS 2018 Family History Conference…page 25
- A Note From The Editor…page 25
- President’s Column…page 26
If you have any articles you’d like to share with CVGA members, please send an email to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. — The Editor.